Sunday 13 February 2011

Using up my stash

Have you got a big stash of embellishments you never seem to use because you don't want them to run out?  Or you thought they were really cute but can't find the right project to use them on, or maybe your style has changed?

(Raising hand) My name is Louise and I'm an Embellishment-holic.  I must confess I bought every single colour of brad just before SU! changed their colours and I've been holding onto them because they are retired and I can't get them anymore!  Argh!    But I also can't use retired products in my workshops or on swap cards, so they just sit there.  I finally gave myself a stern talking too while starting the BIG SPRING (-ahem, it is Summer) CLEAN a couple of weeks ago and decided I'd use up the brads - even if it means using them ALL up!

Mind you, I haven't finished the spring clean yet; it sort of got sidetracked with all the back-to-school palaver, and I haven't gotten back to it yet.  Ooops.  I was just so pleased to have my crafting mojo back I just went with it.

Anyway, here is a double page 12 x 12 layout I did of our holiday to Sydney last year.  What better way to use lots of colours than a layout about Luna Park?


Stamps:  Party This Way  Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Riding Hood Red markers
Paper:  Pacific Point, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Other:  Piercing Tool, brads, Big Shot, Timeless Type (? I think) Alpha dies, white gel pen



You'll no doubt be pleased to hear I still have lots of retired brads yet.  Which should tell you how many I had to start with, becuse I used a lot in this layout!  Sorry about the photos which were taken after I'd put them in their plastic sleeves.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Hello...my name is Manda and I'm an embellishment-holic too. But I don't actually use mine. One day I aspire to be as reformed as you. He he he he ....... Love the brads Lou....

Anonymous said...

LOL I knew I wasn't alone!

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...