Wednesday 18 November 2009

A Confession....

...my name is Louise and I am addicted to handbags.   Phew!  There, I said it.

To prove it, I've even been making them!  This is a design by the fabulous and talented Tracy Old, an NZ Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  She designed this for UStamp (see the blinkie on the Left?).  UStamp's Holiday Project are now finished, but you can sign up for the next round now.  I'm going to!

Aren't they gorgeous?  I used the Slumber Party SDSP (it is double-sided, cardstock weight DSP and is PERFECT for making 3-D items, as well as cards!)  I donated one to my sister's Pink Ribbon Fundraiser as a raffle prize, one went as a door prize at our WCMD Event, and I still have one left.  I'm thinking this will be the perfect gift for female relatives, teachers, coaches, etc this year.  So as not to waste anything, I made cards to go in the bags using scraps of this lovely paper.


Sorry the colour is a bit strange, I am still learning about Photoshop Elements!

So if you've looked at the lovely Speciality DSP in the catalogue (Parisian Breeze in the Mini is going to retire at the end of the month!  EEEK!) but wondered what to do with it, wonder no more.

I'm making a few boxes etc with it at present that I will show you when I've finished - makes a gift more special when the wrapping is impressive, no?


4 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Lou - LOVE THESE!!! That handbag wasnt in this round of Ustamp was it?? I might have missed it if it was! Will have to wander back in and check! lol

I love that slumber paper/card too - its the best stuff for making boxes ect with! Great job chicki!

Karen
x

Louise said...

Thanks Karen! This was in the one before I think.
You going to Brisbane Regionals?

Lin Mei said...

Fantastic bags, Louise! And great job using the leftovers. I used to be a Oroton bag addict before my craft addiction took hold...*sigh*

Liam said...

Beautiful card set and it was with scrap ds paper love it even more.

Liam

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...