Wednesday 6 January 2016

First Play with the new Occasions Mini

As soon as I saw this stamp set (Number of Years) in the new Occasions Mini Catalogue I knew I had to have it.


My first inclination was to create something pretty and feminine like so:

My Thing 3 is turning 12 later this year - I'm ahead for once!  A matching stamped envelope is an easy way to make your card even more special.

I love the pretty handprinted, watercolour look of this stamp set, and the matching framelit dies make it easy to cut out the numbers and details like the little banner and flag.
And this, simple one layer card:

This is a simpler pared down version, still pretty and feminine.

And the inside:  love this font!

Once I started playing around with this stamp set, I discovered it could also lend itself to more "masculine" cards as well.



You could easily use our lovely gold foil sheets to cut out the numbers you wish to emphasise.  I was trying something new, and used gold foil and my Heidi Swapp Minc laminator.  I stamped the "45" with Versamark ink, then sprinkled Heat 'n Stick powder over them.  I heated them to melt the powder and then used a bit of gold foil and the Minc machine.  The Minc machine is designed for use with toner (printed out with a laser printer) but I wanted to try it with my stamps.  I did a few runs with varying results, but I quite liked the way this turned out!


You can see some imperfections here, I think my Heat 'n Stick powder may be a little old.  I'm ordering some new powder so I can try again.  
And here's another "masculine" card for a young friend's 21st birthday:

This time I die cut the numbers from a sheet of foiled cardstock (also done with the Minc).  See the corrugated cardstock?  I haven't used it before, but I love it!  It comes in white too.


And inside.  

I love this set, and conveniently, you can purchase both the stamp set and the framelits as a bundle, and save!

I can imagine all kinds of ways to use these - scrapbook layouts, Project Life, Anniversary Cards.....

If you'd like to order any of these yummy new products, you can click on the pictures to go straight to my online store.
I hope you enjoy these cards and they give you some inspiration.
Product List

post signature

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...