Monday 4 April 2016

Inspiration Strikes

I was reading a stamping magazine recently, and they had some cards made using this fun technique.  I had to try it!


I made these cards while Sale a Bration was on, so the sentiment stamps I used ("Hello" and "Perfect Pairings" ) have retired, and I think the Petal Potpourri set might have retired too...oops.
You can try this technique with any line art stamp set you have.  You simply need to: 
1. stamp some Crumb Cake cardstock with your line image in Versamark ink, 
2. sprinkle white embossing powder over it, then 
3. melt the powder with your heat tool.  
4. Then you colour the image as you wish - I found our Stampin' Write markers worked well to give a vivid colour.  You can easily wipe off any ink from the white outlines with a tissue as the embossed parts will resist the ink.  
5. Then, outline the outside of the image with a Crumb Cake marker.  I think you have to buy the Crumb Cake marker as part of the whole colour family set of markers, as you can't get it individually any more.  
6. In the centre of the flowers, I used Wink of Stella gold glitter pens.  In real life, I promise, they look very sparkly!
Product List

post signature

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...