Thursday 7 May 2009

More Convention Stuff

Swaps, for those who don't know, are BIG at any gathering of stampers. A swap is a card you have made to exchange with other stampers so you end up with lots of different cards in styles other than your own, or using a stamp set you don't have. It is a lot of fun!

Here are the two cards I made to swap (I have to photograph some of the swaps I received to show you - tomorrow, I hope).

I used Pocket Silhouettes in the first and made a reverse mask from the new Wide Oval Punch, and sponged with Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette. I also distressed the edges of the cardstock. Simple, but easy to duplicate when you are making 20 of them!
This was made with the Dreams du Jour set and the Bella Rose DSP.

I will have to finish this topic later as right now my cranky toddler is insisting I do something else.

4 comments:

Liam said...

I love both the samples you did for convention. I especially like the one with the pocket silhouettes. Love them both. I hope you received heaps of swaps after convention.

thanks for sharing.

Liam

Louise said...

Thanks Liam! I did get heaps of swaps - I just have to photograph them........
x Louise

Rebecca said...

I love your cards, I'm sure anyone swapping with you would be very impressed.
I LOVE that bella range.
Bec.

Louise said...

Thanks Bec! I love the Bella range too, it's unapologetically girly!

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...