Sunday 17 May 2009

Girly Cards

Two little girl's birthday parties this weekend, and I had fun making these girly cards, inspired by the colours in the pretty Always DSP. I've noticed that Garden Whimsey is my "go-to" stamp set when I want to make something for a little girl. It makes it very easy!

I also had my 4 year old daughter help me make the wrapping paper - very cute and a lot of fun. All I do is take some Butchers Paper (buy it by the roll at IKEA), the stamps and inks that match the card I made, and let my daughter go to town on it. The result is a one-of-a-kind cheap as chips wrapping paper that coordinates with the card you spent hours slaving over.
The card base is so saffron, with pumpkin pie , whisper white and pixie pink and the little flower accent is punched out of pink pirouette with the three for you punch. The medallion uses the scallop circle punch, the circle punches and a pretty brad. I used the new eyelet punch and the crimper for the border on the bottom - I like the corrugated effect. I got the idea from Michelle Habib's presentation at Convention.


Same layout, same stamps, this time a Pink Pirouette card base.

I added some sparkle with my 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter, and sponged the edges of the butterfly panel.
I hope the girls liked them!

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...