Saturday 25 September 2010

Brisbane Regionals

I posted last weekend while at the Brisbane Regional Stampin' up! Training Day, which was heaps of fun.  What did we do there?  We swapped sample cards, chatted, took photos of display boards, chatted, listened to interesting and informative speakers about cool new stamping techniques and business ideas and chatted, and we also did some stamping!

I'm going to post a picture of each Make & Take we made over the next few days.  It is school holidays, and I'm (hopefully) programming my posts to take place while I'm away from the computer....magic!

As part of my registration to the Regional Training, I was given a lovely new stamp set called Every Moment.   We used this stamp set in all of the Make & Takes.

Here is the first one:  
Stamps:  Every Moment; Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Old Olive; Paper: Soft Suede Textured cardstock, Watercolour paper, Old Olive, Very Vanilla cardstock; Other:  Daffodil Delight Taffeta, Spritzer tool, Aquapainter, basic pearls, scallop edge punch, clips assortment.  
I really love how this turned out, even though I messed it up a little.  I haven't done much watercolouring, but the thing I learned was to be patient and not rush.  That was you can build up layers of colour, and also it helps prevent "bleeding" of colours where you don't want them.

Just so you know, whenever I am creating in front of my fellow demonstrators, whether at Steph Pike's team meetings, or at Regionals, I ALWAYS mess something up!  Without fail.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Mornin' Gorgeous!

Just LOVE this card and I am so gonna order that stamp set!!!

Karen
x

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...