Tuesday 16 July 2013

My inner art student

I was feeling inspired on the weekend by some gorgeous cards I'd seen where a simple ink-washed background was the star of the show.

So I pulled out my watercolour paper, my reinkers, my aquapainter, and had fun playing.  The only thing I don't like is having to wait for my "painting" to dry before I make a card!  This is a fun technique and requires no artistic training, I assure you.


Stamps:  Chalk Talk, Paper:  Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Watercolour Paper.  Ink:  Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise reinkers; Other:  Big Shot, framelits, Rich Razzleberry ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Dimensionals, aquapainter, spritzer

 I'm loving the new, soft grey colour Smoky Slate.  It's the perfect grey. Balances the bright colours above as well as the more subtle colours used below.

Stamps:  Chalk Talk, Paper:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate, Watercolour Paper; Ink:  Smoky Slate, crisp cantaloupe, soft sky, so saffron reinkers; Other:  Big Shot, Framelits, aquapainter, spritzer



To make these, all I did was spritz my watercolour paper with water, add a few drops of reinker, and spread the ink using my aquapainter.  You could use a plain old paintbrush for this too.  This would be fun to try with your children if you were stuck indoors on a rainy day.  You could also try scribbling on the watercolour paper with a Stampin' Marker then spritzing; or if you have the (sadly) now retired watercolour pencils or crayons, you could experiment with them. 

Then I assembled my cards, keeping it simple by just adding the sentiment from Chalk Talk stamped in Smoky Slate and cut out with the Chalk Talk Framelits (LOVE them).

I think using a mini easel to photograph them makes them look like little artworks, don't you?

Here's a card (looks like I CASE'd it without realising!) Shelli showed us at Convention in May:
This is by Shelli Gardner  and you can see it on her blog So Shelli

If you'd like to purchase the products I used to make these cards, contact me, or pop on over to my online store:  Louise Sutton's Online Store

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...