Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!





I must admit, my husband and I don't really observe this "Hallmark Holiday" but I do think it is a nice idea to celebrate love.  My 9 year old daughter wanted to take in a Valentine Treat to her classmates, and we were able to whip them up in no time this morning.

I had the angled tag topper punch, some ink, some whisper white card stock, and my trusty paper trimmer on the table from the class I held yesterday (will show you what my talented girls made in my next post), and I had a lot of lollipops for just such an occasion.



I trimmed A4 whisper white card stock into 2 inch wide  strips, and then cut those strips in half.  Then, my daughter punched both ends with the tag punch while. I randomly stamped hearts on it.  Then we just bent the stamped piece so the holes lined up and poked the lollipop in - no glue required!



 I think these would be easy party favours too.  And no glue = no mess if the kids want to make them themselves.  It took my nine year old and I all of 15 minutes to make 30.  Plus, my daughter observed that the wrappers would make cute bookmarks after the lollypop was finished.  Two gifts in one!


Materials used:  Paper:  A4 Whisper White (106549 $14.95 (40 sheets));  
Ink:  Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad (131178, $9.95),  Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad (126970, $9.95)
Stamps:  Hearts a Flutter (clear 129252, $35.95  wood 131922, $44.95)
Punch:  Angled Tag Topper Punch (133323) $39.95 (NEW)


And in other exciting news - I'm holding classes every two weeks (instead of monthly) now!  I'm trying to work out a time for those of you who can't make it during the week day (my Friday nights are crazy with my children's sports now).   Please let me know if you'd find say, a Monday evening, convenient?



1 comment:

kilroy said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you also. We don't really do anything special either. Everyplace is SO crowded on holidays that we stay away.

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...