Monday 15 December 2008

One-layer card with depth


A one-layer card is as simple as it gets:  no fiddly measuring or cutting or matting.  Something clean and refreshing about it.  Of course, the danger with simple is that sometimes it becomes boring.    This card has some depth due to the reverse masking technique I used.  To make this card, I cut out a rectangle, then used the leftover piece (the reverse mask) to sponge a rectangle shape with soft sky ink.  I then stamped the group of trees with blue bayou, with the mask still on.  I then removed the mask and added the lovely pine tree in Wild Wasabi and decorated with a few sprinkles of Dazzling Diamonds glitter applied with 2 way glue.  Then the sentiment from the Merry Many Messages set (part of this month's promotion) in Purely Pomegranite.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out!





I know I've CASEd this card from somewhere, but I cannot recall for the life of me where I saw it.  Splitcoast?  If anyone knows, please let me know so I can give the original artist due recognition.  I'll edit with their name if I find it.  

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...