Sunday 7 June 2009

I'm quite Pleased With myself....

I have been wanting to make one of these collages for AGES, since I saw one on Ali Edward's blog, but couldn't find a suitable frame. Until now.
I found an 8x8 inch box frame at Spotlight, and using the gorgeous Bella Rose double sided papers from Stampin' Up! and a butterfly die that I got with my Cuttlebug a long time ago (before I discovered Stampin' Up!) I made this:
Recipe: Frame - Spotlight (Franchville 8x8)
Paper: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Stamps: En Francais
Other: Cuttlebug, Provocraft Butterfly Die and embossing folders

If you look closely (click to enlarge) you'll notice I sponged the edges of the butterflies with Close to Cocoa ink, and I also used ink in the embossing folders, a nifty trick! I bent the wings a bit to get some texture and dimension and attached the butterflies with glue dots onto a sheet of whisper white cardstock.

As a dear friend of ours just had a baby girl, I decided it would make a lovely thing to hang in a little girl's room. My daughter got upset about that, so I made one for her room as well!

Then I made a card, linking the butterfly theme, and a bag topper (idea from Linda Craven) for the plain boring white paper bag I used as wrapping. (I also stamped white tissue paper with the butterfly from Dreams Du Jour, but I didn't photograph that.

Recipe: (All Materials Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated)
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rose DSP, White Paper Bag (unknown),
Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Punches Three
Ink: close to cocoa, riding hood red
Other: Chocolate Chip Stain Ribbon (retired from last year's Mini), Riding Hood Red taffeta, Wide Oval punch, Word Window punch, Butterfly Die and Cuttlebug from Provocraft, gold brads

All in all a fun and productive few hours on a rainy day!

I think this collage idea has endless possibilities - you could use chipboard, die cut shapes, punched out stars would look good in a boy's room.........

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Awesome job with all of the projects Lou...esp the picture. I luv my c'bug to bits. Use it in combo with cards when I run into a creative brick wall and it always comes through. Brilliant.

Louise said...

Thanks Lynda! Yup, love that little bug. So handy!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous!
Love the butterfly frame.

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...