Tuesday 21 February 2012

Pennant Party


I had a workshop in the home of my lovely customer Sarah yesterday, and she asked for a birthday card as the Make and Take project, because, like most of us, her children often have a friend's party to go to on weekends, and it is always good to have a stash of a few.

This got me thinking about birthday parties in general, and I had a lot of fun coming up with a Party hat, thank you card, lolly bag, box, place card, cupcake topper and cup that co-ordinated using Stampin' Up! products.

I used the Top Note die for the lolly bag and place card, the little turtle is from Fox & Friends, and the colours are Wild Wasabi and the Just Add Cake DSP.  The idea was that each set would be in a different colour with a different animal - even very small children would know their own cup that way.

While browsing the web I came across a fabulous blog called Oh Happy Day which was generous enough to have a free template for DIY Party Hats!  How cool is that?

Here is a closer look at the party hat - the decoration at the top is just strips of DSP curled around a pen.



Here is the make and take project we all mad, featuring the petite pennants builder punch, and a stamp set you can earn for free during Sale a Bration called Outlined Occasions:

"Celebrate" was stamped in black stayzon ink, and coloured with markers.


While I was on a roll, I made a few more cards with this versatile punch:

I used the Party this Way stamp set for the "happy birthday" sentiment; and the co-ordinating  Pennant Parade stamp set, with the white gell pen for a faux "string".


I used some of the chunky glitter from the Idea Book & Catalogue.  Fun, isn't it?

Anyway, I thought I'd show you some fairly simple designs you can whip up quickly so you are never caught out when your child says "Muuuum!  I need a card for so-and-so's birthday!"
In fact, this project was timely for me as two of my children went to parties on the weekend!  I managed to remember to photograph one of the cards before we raced off:

I should have used the Stamp-a-majig to place the "happy birthday" a little bit to the right, but I was late as usual and thought the sweet 9 year old boy it was intended for might not notice!


Sale a Bration and the Summer Mini will both end at the end of March, and I still have some vacancies for workshops next month.   Be sure to let me know if you'd like to earn free products! 

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...