Wednesday 4 July 2012

Baby Shower

My little brother (well, he's younger than I am, but taller than me!) and his lovely wife are expecting their first baby next month.  So exciting!  This baby will be my parents' tenth grandchild - but just as cherished as the first.

Here is my beautiful sister in law:



As the expectant parents have bucked the gender reveal trend, we have no idea whether "Stumpy" (the baby's nickname) is a boy or a girl, so I went with green when making my card, gift tag, and wrapping paper.

As usual, I wrapped my gift (which was a totally cute baby wrap for swaddling the wee one) in recycled brown paper (it comes from the Stampin' Up! boxes I get regularly!).  First I had to ink up an uninked  jumbo cartridge with my Wild Wasabi re-inker.  It doesn't take long, to do this, and doesn't use much ink - I reckon it used about 1/5th of a re-inker bottle, maybe?   I then rolled diagonally on the brown paper with the adorable Baby Tee's jumbo roller.

Here's what the gift looked like:



As you can see I just wrapped some string around it and attached a quick and easy gift tag - because cards often get separated from gifts, and this makes it easier for the recipient, i think.  The gift tag was made with a 10cm x 5cm scrap of Wild Wasabi card stock, rolled over with the same jumbo roller as the wrapping paper.  I rolled it again on a scrap of Whisper White, and cut that one out.  The ribbon is Pear Pizazz Seam binding (I was using what I had on my desk).

And here is the gift plus card:


Now for the card details:



I went with my Baby Shower Go-To set, Baby Bundle.  I've also used it in the past for Baby Shower invitations (remember this post ?), and heaps of new baby cards.  It is fun to colour as well!  I usually stamp it with Jet Black Stayzon ink, and I coloured it using my blender pens and the classic ink pads.  As for the rest of the card, the card base is confetti white, with the wild wasabi layer embossed with the polka dot folder and the Big Shot, then there is a So Saffron layer cut out with the Labels Framelits, and of course the main image in whisper white also cut out with the Labels Framelit.  The ribbon matches the gift tag - pear pizazz seam binding I think.  I've stamped the Tiny Jewellery tag with the word "baby" from the Tiny Tags stamp set and used white baker's twine to tie it to the bow.

Here are the supplies used if you want to purchase them:



1 comment:

Jan McAnulty said...

Totally gorgeous as usual, Lou!

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...