Thursday 5 July 2012

Easy Party Bag Tutorial

These are so easy, it feels like cheating.

You might know that last month I hastily cobbled together a birthday party for my 5 year old Thing 4:


Well, I made some cheap and quick party bags for his little friends who came to the party:


They were basic brown lunch bags purchased in bulk at any supermarket, rolled over with two Builder Stamps (details following) in Crumb Cake ink, with "thank you" from  the "Just Believe" stamp set.  I filled the bags with treats, and folded the top over twice before punching two holes with the good old Crop-a-Dile, and tying a tag I'd printed from the computer (of course, I printed it onto whisper white card stock and backed it with crumb cake card stock).

Here's the builder wheel process:


I used the spacer on the builder wheel spindle to I would have a gap in between the awning and pennant  images to stamp "thank you."  Oh, and as you can see in this photo, I stamped the boys' bags with Pacific Point (the tag was also the same blue) and the girls had Melon Mambo.  Both bright colours worked well with the neutral Crumb Cake paper bag.


And here is the bag, ready to be filled.

Here is more information about the stamps I've used:



Let me know if you'd like to know more about builder wheels!



No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...