Friday 23 November 2012

Brisbane Heartfelt Stampin' Event

I know I haven't posted in a little while, but I'm sure you understand how crazy this time of year is! Lat weekend, I was lucky enough to attend the Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Stamping Event at the Brisbane Convention Centre. Three of my Downline attended with me, and it was so fun to go together.

What is a Heartfelt Stamping Event? It is a one day mini Convention. Half the day was made up of classes given by talented Stampin' Up! Designers and Demonstrators; the other half was made up of displays, a product playground where you were encouraged to get hands on with various tools and products, as well as interesting presentations given by talented Demonstrators.

It is also a chance to catch up with Demonstrators from all over the place, meet new friends, and get better acquainted with old friends.

I came away feeling energised, inspired, and once again proud to be part of this fabulous creative company. I learned new techniques, saw fabulous creations I can't wait to try to recreate myself. I also got two free stamp sets and the kits to make my own gorgeous projects - which of course, I didn't make there, because I was too busy chatting!

It also made me even more excited about Convention next year - because it will be held in the same venue! Awesome!





My friend, and upline Stephanie Pike gave an amazing presentation on using your clear acrylic blocks to stamp gorgeous backgrounds.  Can't wait to try these techniques!


These gorgeous creations were made by the talented and lovely Liz Collett who gave a class on how to make these pretties! 


I don't know who made this, but I love it!  This was one of the displays.


Kirsty Brown showed us how to make gorgeous paper bows and pretty wrapping for gifts - and I loved this cute "Teacher Gift" idea for Christmas Cookies in a jar.


One of the cards made by Steph with her clever clear block techniques.


Presents!  Each attendee had the chance to get a free stamp from "Santa" (aka Aaron Scott) when we made a decoration and added it to the tree.


One of several display boards filled with samples made by demonstrators.  My sample is there too!


My sweet friend and downline Michelle Hindmarsh made sure none of us faded away by bringing snacks to share.  Cute, colour co-ordinated snacks of course!

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...