Sunday 5 October 2014

Product of the week - Gift Card Envelope

Gift Cards - they are the kind of present I sometimes feel a little guilty about.  Sure, they are practical, and give the recipient the ability to chose their own gift, but they can be a bit impersonal.  Though sometimes, if you don't know the person you are buying for very well, impersonal can be just right!  
That's where a little bit of card stock, and your Big Shot can come in handy.  Now you can personalise the gift card as much as you like!  
Here's one I made recently for a party my son was invited to attend.  He knew his mate would appreciate a gift card, so I managed to whip up this gift card envelope and a matching birthday card in minutes.  And I could look the birthday child's mother in the eye and say "I made it!"
Gift card envelope and matching card - nothing fancy, but 12 year old boys don't usually care for fancy!

Here's the basic envelope as it comes, once you've die cut it with the new Gift Card Envelope Framelit and your Big Shot - I put the gift card in already!  I adhered the bottom flap to the sides.



I decorated the front simply, using some white card stock and a leftover bit of a retired DSP from my stash, adding a bit of green seam binding ribbon to hold the envelope closed.  I stamped "Happy Birthday" in Island Indigo (to match the DSP) and attached the strip to the front with Dimensionals. 


Here's a look at the back:



This framelit is going to get SUCH a workout from me - not just for the constant round of birthdays my four children constantly seem to be invited to, but, HELLO - Christmas!    I can see little love notes, or even an Advent Calendar being made with these.  I'm sure I'll be posting quite a few projects with this clever, versatile product!

Don't you think you could use this too?


To purchase any of these products, just click the images below.

Don't forget to take advantage of the Stock Up & Save Promotion!  It finishes Monday 6th October (tomorrow), so get cracking!






post signature


No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...