Sunday 14 December 2014

Bokeh Background Christmas

Have you seen the Bokeh Background trend that's all over Pinterest?  Do you know what "Bokeh" is?
Its a photography technique where you get a pretty blurry effect when photographing lights.

Here's an example:  


There are plenty of ways to achieve this look - and I'm hoping to try a few more in the next few weeks when I have some time to play.  

I found a blog showing one way to make a Bokeh Background by a clever US Demonstrator, Deb Valder - you can see it HERE.

Here's my version of her card:


I was going for the effect of Christmas lights on a green Christmas tree, what do you think ?





I used Garden Green ink sponged onto Whisper White paper for the background and sponged Whisper White Craft Ink using a template I made using circle framelits and my Big Shot.  The small circles are made with a dauber and some non-Stampin' Up! chalk ink I had in my stash.  

post signature

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...