Friday 13 November 2015

One Stamp Set, Three Ways

I love Christmas in Australia - not that I've experienced Christmas anywhere else, yet.  I love the gorgeous poinciana trees that flower in December here. We have one in our back yard that makes me happy to look out my kitchen window.  Unfortunately, it drops loads of leaves into our pool, and my husband is colour blind, so he never appreciates it's beauty.  

This is not my tree, but one from the internet:


Isn't it lovely?  And so Christmassy!

Another plant you only see at Christmas time, which I also love, is the Poinsettia.


So when I saw the Poinsettia flowers in the Reason for the Season stamp set, I had to have it!

Here are three pretty quick and simple cards I've made using this set - even the more complicated "Stepped up" version is pretty quick to assemble.





Pretty straightforward:  Stamp the outline flower image in black, taking care to note the orientation of the stamp, so it is easier to "line up" the petal and leaf stamps.  Don't beat yourself up if your colouring goes outside the lines - it will still look great.  Stamp the sentiment in green and then go over it in black ink, moving the stamp slightly so you get a "shadow" effect.  Mount the panel on Real Red yardstick and Cucumber Crush envelope paper before adhering to the card base.

Make panel of card the same way as in the first card.  Place a panel of the patterned side of greed envelope paper down, then arrange the top panel on a diagonal angle, with a gold foil doily cut in half and adhered as shown.  You might prefer stamping the sentiment in Versamark them using gold embossing powder if you want to bring up the bling factor.

This final card is again, simple, but I still think it works.  Just stamp the flower four times in black on the corners of the panel of white.  Stamp the leaves and petals as before, stamp the sentiment in black in the centre.  Adhere to card base.



Product List

post signature

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...