Thursday 8 January 2009

Eureka!

I'm on a roll!   I've made a pretty bag to hold some cards - check out the styled silver hodgepodge big brads there.  Cute, huh?
       
Note also the Say it with Scallops stamp punched with the co-ordinating Scalloped Square punch, and Ginger Blossoms DSP from the Summer Mini.  

I also made a matching card (Hodgepodge, again!  This frame perfectly matched the small oval punch).  

So satisfying when it all goes together easily.

I  will be back to edit with the credits for the design of the box, as I don't have them handy just now and I'm squeezing in a post between bathing the kids and cooking dinner.  I will have to have another play with the box as the measurements are for US standard sized card & envelopes, which is slightly smaller than ours.  Edited to say it looks like the fabulous Sandi Dailey adapted this box from a design by Melissa Roberts.  I will do another dig around to find the blog address.

I realised I'd never made a card with this gorgeous Level 1 Hostess set before - Oh So Lovely.  I used my markers to colour the stamp.  The Pale plum base card was stamped in pale plum ink with the En Francais background stamp, and the yummy wide vanilla ribbon was part of the December special.   These flower images are so delicate, and they are really fine and crisp when stamped - beautiful!


This is a card I made a while ago but hadn't finished - all it needed was a largish sentiment to balance it out.   The card sat on my desk, mocking me with its large empty space until I happened to be cleaning up my craft room and re-discovered this stamp, from "All Occasions" (I think).  Eureka!


I again used my markers to ink up the sentiment.  It has some of the Bali Breeze DSP, and the Eastern Blooms flower - with Chunky glitter from the Summer Mini.  I think the background flower is from the Three For You Punch Box set. 

I have to take the kids shopping for school stuff tomorrow and may need intensive therapy afterwards.  




2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Wow Lou.. you have been on a roll lately! I love this bag! Where did youget the pattern for it?

Louise said...

Thanks Chrissie! I wish I could remember - I'm still searching the interweb for it.

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...