Thursday 22 January 2009

New Classes, New Projects !

Whoops, long time between posts!  School holidays and four children will do that to you!  

At least I have been creating, and busy planning my classes for this year.  I will be doing a series of technique classes called "Stamping 101" for those who would like to learn how to do more than just straight ink-to-rubber cards.  You will be making a little journal to keep with a description of each technique and an example of it.  Then we'll make a card or two (time permitting) with the new technique.

Here's one I've already prepared with a sneak peek for you:




I'm holding my Stamping 101 Classes monthly, with a day session and an evening session.  Contact me to confirm your place!

This year I'm also running monthly Stamp Nights, where we get together and work on our own projects - a bit of "me time" and a good way to make a dent in the birthday cards, etc for the year ahead! 

And here is a teaser for my fortnightly "before the afternoon- school-pickup" sessions at Gingerbella's coffee shop!  Contact me if you are interested.








I have also made a few cards, here's one for a friend who requested a birthday card, in purple.  Not my usual colours, but I might use them more now, as I liked the effect.


Here's a card I made for Makeesha's Colour Challenge - the colours were very vanilla, ruby red, blue bayou and chocolate chip.  I challenged myself to use a stamp set I haven't used before too, and CASED the layout from the Idea Book & Catalogue:


Our neighbours have two lovely sons who are both having birthdays next week - so here are cards for them:

And here are some cards made with the stamp set I've chosen for my Projects by Mail this month:  Live Your Dreams, to give you a taste.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Wow Louise... I love all of these cards... just fabulous! I especially love your purple butterfly card! Very spec!

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...