Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope 2009 is a fabulous year for you and yours.  

We are back from a break at the beach - was lovely and relaxing at Caloundra, kids had fun on the beach and swimming in the pool, we ate too much takeaway (!) and met up with some old friends.  So nice to have time together as a family.......but it's good to be home, too.  

Oooh, I notice I've had some new visitors, welcome!  And thank you to Allison over at Stampin' When I Can for listing my blog on her site as one of her "Newly Discovered" sites. Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous new baby Avery!  I hope her surgery goes well and she is out of hospital and home soon.

Did you want to know what was in those cute little handbags?  It was..............(drumroll)

a personalised keyring!

No, I didn't invent these (I wish I did!) but CASE'd them from the always fabulous Makeesha.  Click on her name to go to her tutorial.  

These keyrings were quite simple to make - all you need is some acetate (clear thin plastic, like a transparency sheet from an office supply store), the designer label punch, the co-ordinating Styled silver hodgepodge (from the new Summer Mini), cardstock, stamps,  ribbons, ink and a hinged ring.  I glued mine together with Crystal Effects.  They were fun to make, and I'm pleased with the way they turned out.  I gave them to my sisters, sisters-in-law, Mum and Mother-in-law.  

Sale-a-bration starts today!  I'll be back soon with some projects to show.  I'm also thinking up new classes, maybe a stamp club,  projects by mail for those who don't live in Brisbane (hi Maree!) and other fun things.  

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...