Saturday 31 January 2009

Back to business........

Back to school/work/routine now everyone?  It has been fun getting the children back to school and starting Kindy.  I think we were all ready for it!   In the past week we've had visits from the Tooth Fairy, swimming lessons started again, and a bite from a (non-venomous) spider so it has been a bit crazy around here.

I've made a few quick cards, hope you like them!  I must say I'm enjoying the bold colour combinations in the Bali Breeze DSP (from the Summer mini, which ends 28th February).  I love Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red and Tempting Turquoise/Taken with Teal.  I hadn't ever used them before this DSP I must admit.    I made the first one, and then decided to use the scraps to make a second card while I was at it.  

And notice the co-ordinating brads and Felt Flowers?  

I was feeling inspired to try out my Bundle of Joy stamp set and made this sweet little baby card.  

I used my new spiral punch on the side there  and stamped some cute sprinkles for a bit of interest in the background.  I also coloured the main teddy bear with my blender pen and ink and finished off with some of the wide rose ribbon from the Mini Catalogue. I mounted the main teddy on dimensionals and stamped the sentiment with one of my favourite sets, short and sweet.  (Seriously, it is such good value! )


And, while surfing around Splitcoast Stampers I found a tutorial for a gable box, so I tried it, and it was really easy!  I added a card to the front of mine.  Yes, it is very yellow - I hardly ever use yoyo yellow cardstock and thought I'd give is a go.  Could make a cute party bag for a child's birthday party or hold a small gift?  When you go wandering through the excellent tutorials over at SCS be prepared for hours to pass without you realising.  It is a wonderful resource.



I've a few fun things happening in the next month or so, but you'll have to wait and see as I don't want to spoil the surprise.    Insert Evil Laugh He he he!


 And I missed Australia Day on my blog - hope all the Aussies had a good one.  Have a slice of   (home made by me!) Pavlova :

2 comments:

Sam said...

Hi Louise!

Now, I don't know which I like better...your Bundle of Joy baby card, your gable box, or your pavlova. May I have a slice of pavlova while I think about it please? They all look beautiful to me!

We had Pavlova too (after the lamb on the BBQ of course ;-).

Best wishes,
Sam.

Louise said...

Glad to see you're a traditionalist Sam, yum, BBQ lamb! Have as much of my Pav as you like - it's calorie-free!
Thanks for your comment!

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...