Monday 13 April 2009

New stamps to play with!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Here in Australia, we have a long weekend - Good Friday and Easter Monday are public Holidays, and it marks the start of our school holidays. I haven't had much time to stamp as we have been doing a bit of a Spring Clean (well, Autumn, really!) around the house. Plus four children who have each come down with colds.

Still, I've made a start!

First, here's a card for my Brother-In-Law's Birthday which will probably be late because I didn't remind my husband to post it last week.....sigh! It is made of bits'n pieces of leftover Round Up Simply Scrappin' Kit (retired). Those kits are such good value! I've made about 4 scrapbooking layouts and two cards and still have enough left over for another couple of pages I think. I also used the (retired) Rough Texture jumbo wheel and the sentiment is also retired from It's Your Birthday.

Next, here's a peek at the Mother's Day class I'll be running shortly - we will make this cute box and FOUR cards to go inside. I'm only showing you two of the cards. They are using the gorgeous NEW Urban Oasis DSP and coordinating Fifth Avenue Floral Stamp set. I LOVE this set! It's my fave so far. I love how it gives a crisp elegant image which can look very modern and graphic, or traditional and pretty depending on how you use it.
Here's a scrapbooking layout I've done using the new In Colours and the new Good Morning Sunshine DSP. I also used the Good Friends bird as an accent.

This is a CUTE project I CASED from a mega-talented lady named Becky Roberts. Isn't it a sweet idea? The "milk cartons" open from the bottom. Perfect for a gift if you filled the little cartons with lollies, or hot chocolate powder and marshmallows, or even tiny baby socks, singlets, etc for a new baby gift. I've used the "Good Morning Sunshine" DSP again - the birds are punched from the DSP. You should check out Becky's blog, she is amazing!

I'll be posting again soon with some other new things I've made but haven't photographed yet. Please let me know if you are interested in my Mother's Day class - I can organise the class by mail for those who live in Dalby and other places out of Brisbane!

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...