Saturday 13 February 2010

School Fete

I'm working with a talented group of Mums at our children's primary school to make things for the school Fete later this year - we want to get a start on things now, and we are all feeling quite energised and inspired!

I'm also excited because two of the ladies in the group (Leanne and Michelle) are actually famous Scrapbookers (Squeee!) who are published and everything!    I feel like I've met papercrafting royalty, LOL.  They are both incredibly lovely as well as talented - click on their names to go to their blogs.

Leanne started off by making some gift tags, and asked me to make some too.
Hers are divine, and you can see them here .

I've used the same dimensions, but instead of double-sided patterned cardstock as Leanne did, I've used scraps of plain cardstock and stamped a pattern on them.    The idea was to use scraps we already have in our scrap card pile, and I have plenty!  I have a few more to make to catch up to her, so I'll be working on them tonight no doubt while watching tv.
I took the photo with my iPhone, so apologies for any quality issues.
Here are mine:


7 comments:

Karen said...

Those are fabo Lou! Love all the colours - they look very spesh indeed!

How excitement that you are in the company of papercraft royalty - that would be so exciting!!!!

Luv Karen
x

Rebecca O'Gorman said...

I love these, so classy and modern! Well done Lou, you will hold you own amist all that royalty.
Love Bec.

Liam said...

Oh I love these gift tags. I can't wait to see what else you plan to make at the fete.

Liam

Leanne Stamatellos said...

Louise, you have me laughing so hard about the royalty part - definately no tiaras here and I can't wait to make your gorgeous cards - they look wonderful.

Louise said...

What's the point of being Scrapbooking Masters if you don't get a tiara Leanne? LOL See you soon!

Michelle Jamieson said...

These look fabulous, Louise!
I must go and cut all mine out, ready to go!
See you tomorrow night!!

Chelle Xx

P.S - I second Leanne's comment about royalty...you gave me a giggle!! ;)

Unknown said...

Such a great way to use up scraps and help with the fate.
Have fun.

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...