Tuesday 23 March 2010

The answer!

LOL at Karen and xxx, I mean Corinna!  Thanks for playing, girls!

Karen was correct!

Here is what I did:

1.  I stamped En Francais with Kiwi Kiss ink onto glossy white cardstock.

2.  When it was dry, I inked up the new Medallion stamp with Versamark, stamped it, and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

3.  Using my brayer, I then inked over the whole thing with Kiwi Kiss ink until I was satisfied with the depth of colour, and wiped any excess ink away from the medallion with a tissue.  The embossed image resists the ink, hence "emboss resist" technique.  The stamping underneath shows through the clear embossing, which is the "Joseph's Coat" (as in "coat of many colours") technique.  I actually inked up the brayer with Old Olive ink later because when it dried, the Kiwi Kiss didn't look right on the glossy cardstock.

I then assembled the card, using the Sanded background stamp,  sponging, and a rhinestone brad in the centre.

Karen, I'll have to have a think about what to send you as your prize, LOL.

And now here are some more sneak peeks for you:

Isn't this the most girly image you can think of?  My five year old daughter is in Heaven now that we have this.  She is going to a party on the weekend, and this is the perfect card.  If you look closer you can see the glitter.  Notice anything else?  The dark pink cardstock (and ink) is Melon Mambo, which is a current US in colour!  I really thought I would hate it from the way it looked in the catalogue, but in real life, it is lovely - and goes very well with Pretty in Pink.

The next card was made with some scraps I found lying around that seemed to fit together.  The sentiment is a new clear-mount stamp!!!!!  I am completely in love.


1 comment:

Karen said...

ROFLOL!! Good lord - I honestly didnt think ANY of my guesses were right - but it sure was fun trying! lol

Just LOVE your latest cards Lou - your a clever little chicki!

Karen
x

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...