Monday 1 March 2010

Happy Birthday Father In Law! (2010)

We went to a casual dinner at Sizzlers last night for my dear FIL's  birthday - which meant I had to whip up a quick card (though I should have had one already prepared, seeing as how his birthday is the same day every year!).    Because I was under some time pressure, I kept it very simple:

The background is from Circle Circus - I think it would look great on a scrapbook page too, must try that!
The main image is that good old standard, Party Hearty.  The image was coloured with Old Olive and Not Quite Navy Markers.  The matching eyelets are retired (boo hoo!) and I used my trusty Crop-A_Dile to set them.  Looks a bit crooked, now that I study the photo!    Finally to make the card a little more masculine, I distressed the edges with the tool from the cutter kit.  Love that nifty edge distresser!

3 comments:

Karen said...

PERFECT card for a male Lou! I struggle with male cards alllllll the time, but you did brilliantly!

Karen
x

Anonymous said...

I love how you've used the Circle Circus for the background here Louise! It's given me a great idea for a scrapbook page of my niece having a great time in the pool!

Jan (Hope I've done this right - it's my first comment ever!!)

Louise said...

Thanks girls! Jan, I reckon it would look great on a "pool" scrapbook page!

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...