Wednesday 27 April 2011

Happy Birthday Linda

I hope everyone out there in the Blogosphere had a restful and happy Easter break. It was a five day public holiday here! Thankfully, the kids are back at school today so I can get to the computer to show you some pretties.

It was my uplink Linda's birthday yesterday, and slacker that I am, the card was only mailed today! However this post proves that I was thinking of her on her special day. I know stamping on acetate and using acetate in cards isn't terribly new, but I hadn't tried it before. I was so pleased with it, that I think this month's class will feature acetate!

Stampin' Up! sells 12 x 12 sheets of acetate in two thicknesses, which I admit I haven't yet tried (blush). I happened to have a box of clear binding acetate sheets in A4 size which were donated to me by my sister, so I thought I'd try them. They worked wonderfully. Of course, I've used Stayzon ink instead of our Classic ink, and the adhesive rhinestones for some bling factor. The card stock is Melon Mambo, which looks great with Basic Black. I know Linda loves pink, so hopefully she'll love this card!

I must dash now as I am doing the make & take for tonight's team meeting, and I haven't started yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did love my beatiful pink card. I also loved my big satin Black ribbon bow- lovely! Thank you so much for thinking of me. It has been waayyyyyy too long since I have seen you. Would love to catch up with you soon.
PS Love all your lovely yellow and grey cards
Linda

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...