Wednesday 20 April 2011

One punch, 3 Ways

Yes, you read it - one punch 3 ways!  I love it when my tools/stamps can do double or triple duty.

I was totally inspired by a card Jayne Mercer made and posted on her blog recently  with the new cupcake punch from the Autumn-Winter Mini.  I had to use my cupcake punch and CASE her gorgeous card!

Here is the punch:




Cute, huh?  Naturally there is a matching cupcake stamp set which co-ordinates with it (swoon).  You know how I love the matchy-matchy!

Here's a couple of straightforward "cupcake" cards I made with the cupcake punch and stamp set:

Stamps:  Create A Cupcake; Got Treats
Paper:  Pear Pizazz, Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Rose Red,
Other:  Cupcake Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals, Brad, Tasteful Trim Die, Big Shot, Pinking Hearts Punch


Stamps:  Create A Cupcake
paper:  Real Red, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Whiper White
Ink:  Real Red, Early Espresso
Other:  Cupcake Punch, 2 way glue, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Early Espresso grosgrain, Word Window Punch

Fun!  But when I saw Jayne's card, I was inspired to try something else.

Here is Jayne's card:

Card by Jayne Mercer - see her blog (link above) for details

OMG!  How cute is it?  The top of the cupcake is PERFECT for clouds!

So I had a go, but I changed my version slightly.

Stamps:  Party This Way
Paper:  Marina Mist, Real Red, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Real Red, Old Olive, Basic Black marker
Other:  Cupcake punch, sponges, Word Window punch, Dotto, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Polka Dot embossing folder, 13/4" circle punch

In my version, I stuck the cupcake tops down with Dotto removable adhesive, and rolled over the top with a brayer.  After I removed the "cloud" masks, this was the result.  The Hot Air Balloon basket is the bottom of the cupcake, and the sentiment is from Party This Way.I hand drew the black lines with a pen.

Taken with these clouds, I tried another method:

Stamps:  Cheep Talk,  Occasional Greetings
Paper:  Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Pear Pizazz marker, Peach Parfait Marker, Soft Suede marker
Other:  Stampamajg, Dimensionals, Cupcake Punch, Sponges

Again, I punched out a couple of cupcake tops and used Dotto to temporarily keep them in place while I sponged around them - I just kept doing this until I was satisfied with the result.

My six year old thought this was very pretty so I taught her how to do it, and this is the card she made:



Isn't she clever?  And it looks quite "Springtime" and "Easter" to me too!

If my six year old can do this, I'm sure you can too!

I'm sure I've just scratched the surface with the fun things I can make with this punch.  If you have tried something fun, Post a link to your blog in the comments, or email me a photo so I can post it and we can all have a look!

Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...