Saturday 28 September 2013

New Stuff



Let me be the first to admit that I joined Stampin' Up! as a Demonstrator 5 years ago (in October) for the discount.  I know I'm not the only one to have seen a Stampin' Up! Catalogue and thought:  "I want it ALL!"  

Can you relate?


Naturally, I am slowly amassing a large collection of papercrafting tools.

The #1, Holy Grail of paper crafting tools is of course - The Perfect Paper Trimmer.

Well, yesterday I received a big brown box from Stampin' Up!  with my latest order  and I finally had a chance to try out the new Rotary Arm attachment-thingy for the Stampin' Trimmer.  (I also purchased a new trimmer so I can have one with the Rotary blade attached all the time, handy for classes!)

I was not prepared for the pure awesomeness.


Don't believe me?  Watch the video!



I love it!  I can keep all the special blades (there's a couple of different ones) in the handy compartment on the back of the trimmer too.

Here is a project I've made with the new Rotary Trimmer, and some other new things!
This card features one of the a la carte stamps available currently - (Christmas Star 132813), which I stamped on the Gold Foil Sheet (Holiday Mini 132622 $6.95) with Versamark and then sprinkled with Heat & Stick powder, which I melted with my heat gun until it was sticky, then sprinkled the super-sparkly Gold Stampin' Glitter (Holiday Mini 132205 $13.95, comes with silver too!) and heat set.  I cut out the star easilly with my paper snips and affixed it to the card with stampin' dimensionals.
I used the small wave rotary blade on my trimmer for the small scallop edge on the edges of the DSP and Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The sentiment, stamped in Cherry Cobbler classic ink is from Embellished Events.

Stamps:  Embellished Events; Christmas Star
Paper:  Gold Foil, Cherry Cobbler A4, Seasons of Style DSP stack
Fibres:  Linen thread
Other:  Heat tool, Heat & stick powder, Gold Stampin' Glitter, Paper Snips, Stampin' Rotary Trimmer, Small Wave blade.

As always, you can order these products from me!

I am in research & development at the moment, playing with new products to come up with class ideas (once the children are back at school), etc.  So watch this space (and my Facebook page) for details to come!











No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...