Thursday 9 January 2014

Sneak Peeks Plus another Die Cut technique...

 My blog post titles are really very literal today!

I had my Occasions Mini pre-order arrive yesterday (it goes live at the end of January), with a couple of new SAB goodies too, so I made a few things while inspiration struck.  Some of the pre-order included new framelits, so they were quite appropriate for my Die Cut technique series. 

One technique, easy with nesting framelits, is to make frames/windows with the dies:



Fun isn't it?  I places a bit of acetate in the middle so the smallest starburst looks like it is "floating" in the findow.  See the new goodies?  New DSP, new starburst framelits and matching Starburst Sayings stamp set!

I will try this again because I'm not 100% happy with the way this card turned out; in my imagination it looked much better.  But still, you get the idea of the technique.  I'll do a tutorial with another sample a little later.

While I'm showing off new things, here are a few more things I whipped up last night:


Here's a card made with one of the left over diecuts from the window card, a new embossing folder, another new framelit (the banner shape) and the new Starburst Sayings stamp set.  Also, notice the bling?  Gold sequins!  Love them!



This time a quick and easy gift tag, made with another new stamp set (Perfect Pennants) which is made to co-ordinate with these banner framelits.  The top of the tag was made in a snap with a new punch.  And you know how much I love Stampin' Up! punches.

Last sneak peek for today doesn't have a die cut - but it still used the Big Shot.  It features the faux embossing technique and an embossing folder - you ink the embossing folder and this is the result.


As you can see, I also used the gold sequins, and a cute little banner made with a new punch and co-ordinating stamp set called Banner Blast.  They are a Sale a Bration special you can earn for free when you spend $90!  SAB starts at the end of January also.  See the Baker's Tine is also a little bit special?  It's a new product in the upcoming Occasions Mini. 



No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...