Sunday 23 November 2008

Bad blogger!

OK, I know its been a little while since my last post - lots of busy life stuff, plus bad storm activity here has meant no time to post.  I haven't been idle however!

Here are the cards we were supposed to be making at our Christmas Card Class last week - unfortunately, it was cancelled due to hail.  Hopefully Mother Nature will be in a better mood this week.  


The card on the left uses a technique known as "reverse masking" which is very easy, but looks effective.  The card on the right uses heat embossing - I know many of my "card ladies" have been keen to try this technique!  I've used stamps from Crazy for Christmas, Short & Sweet, Lovely As A Tree, and Occasional Greetings (just to make a change from Season of Joy!).


I'm also working on a 8 x8 scrapbook for both sets of grandparents for Christmas (Shh! don't tell!) and finally added another couple of pages today.  I've used Ahoy Matey, and Matey's Map (jumbo wheel) to make my cute little pirate baby page.  So quick!  I'm all about quick these days, LOL.



Finally, I've made a scrapbook page of my daughter using the Round Up Simply Scrappin' Kit.  I was amazed at how easy it was to put this together.  I also made the medallion embellishment using a stamp from the Wanted stamp set - it matched up perfectly with the scallop circle punch!  Ahhhh, I LOVE it when things work together like that!

Just a quick reminder - we are now in the last days of the Spring Mini Catalogue, and the November promos (rub ons and single markers) so you'd best order ASAP or you will miss out!






No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...