Monday 20 July 2009

A guest star and a start on Christmas!

Well, not so much a guest to my blog as me showing off a card I didn't make! My friend Barbara recently had an extremely gorgeous baby girl, and she was the baby I made my Butterfly Collage for not long ago. Barb is a very creative and talented girl herself, so naturally she handmade Thank You cards for the baby gifts she received. She and I spent a fun day together the other week designing the cards, and cutting out cardstock and this is the card she sent me:


I'm experimenting with outside photography given the horrible dark photos I've been taking, so apologies for the shadows and things. Didn't Barb do a great job? She used Regal Rose Cardstock and Raspberry Tart DSP. The R was made with my Cricut Expressions, and the circles were cut by hand I think. The photo just doesn't do it justice; it's truly a gorgeous card.

Last night I was supposed to be preparing for a workshop I'm doing at Barb's later this week, but I got inspired to use a stamp set I haven't inked up yet, called "A Holly, Jolly, Christmas." I guess the Christmas In July theme is still in my mind although it may end up being "Christmas in August" by the time it happens, LOL.

So these are two gift tags I made - such a fun idea, I can see me making a few packs of these to give as presents. The thing I hate about the little gift tags that you find at the shops is that you often don't have enough room to write the names of the people giving/receiving the gift. That won't be an issue with these tags!

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...