Monday 14 December 2009

Handmade Christmas presents

I've been working hard at making some Christmas gifts - the children's various teachers, the cleaners, and family members too.  For the past three years I've made a mini scrapbook for both sets of grandparents, and I'd like to think they are getting better each year!  This year I have a Bind-it-all machine, and I've used it for the first time today (which is why the holes are crooked, and there are other miscellaneous little faults.  Still, I've learned as I've done it, so next year's will be even better!)  In the past I've made holes with the Crop-a-dile and held the book together with rings, or ribbon, which is an easy solution of you don't have a Bind-it-all machine (or you do but FAIL like me!).  I think I'll add some ribbon to the one with extra holes.

I won't bore you with all the pages, but here are a few that I made with leftovers from that same Hoppy Memories Scrappin' Kit (honestly, it seems to last forever!  Such good value).  I made the pages 6 x6 inches, which is a 12 x 12 page cut into quarters.



 


Because it is a brag book and so small, the focus is on the photos.  Nevertheless, I've decorated some pages with stamps, others with scraps from the Hoppy Memories kit.  I've inked the edges of the pages too, which is such a little thing but really makes the page look great.

I'll be back later with more pictures, but my kids are clamouring for food (again) so my computer time is up for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a great idea.

xx

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...