Sunday 20 December 2009

Scrapped Santa

No, I don't mean that my children are so naughty that there will be no Santa this year (though it is still a useful blackmail threat!) I mean that I scrapped a photo of Santa!

I kind of had no plan with this page, in that I just started doing it without having a finished product in mind, other than that I wanted to use white ink on the red cardstock.  I made a little pocket behind the photo for a hidden journalling tag, and the embellishments are made with ink, punches and brads.

I used a retired Christmas stamp set Crazy for Christmas, that I can't bear to part with, as well as Spotlight on Christmas, and I was going for a Christmas tree made out of words (from Many Merry Messages). I used my SAMJ for the "Christmas Tree", but free-styled it for the other stamps.

It does actually look nicer in real life; this is a photo I took with my iPhone.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice LO Louise!
Kirsty

Aliessa said...

I really like this. So effective with the white on red!

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...