Saturday 9 January 2010

Stampin' Up! Scrapbooking

Have you got 5 000 photos of your beautiful babies lying in a shoebox?  Are you interested in scrapbooking, but worry that it is too fussy, too complicated or just don't know where to start?

I can help.

I consider myself to be a beginner scrapbooker, though I've been doing it for 3 years now, and it has taken me until recently to realise that:
1.  I'll never be "caught up", but I might as well make a start;
2.  My style is more clean and simple than ornate and fiddly (though I admire those who can pull it off);
3.  It is all about the photo and the story;
4.  I may cringe at these pages I do now in ten years, but at least my style is evolving and I'm learning from mistakes.

It is easy to get excited about all the scrapbooking STUFF, and to want to have a bajillion embellishments in a pretty container that I never use.  However, I get much more use out of a simple, go-to line of paper, ink, cardstock, punches and stamps that always co-ordinate and make it easier for me to just focus on the photo and the story I want to record.  Sure, I LOVE embellishments, don't get me wrong!  But I like the simplicity of not being overwhelmed with choices too.  And it saves money!

Here are a few scrapbook pages I've been working on recently which illustrate my point perfectly.
I'm enjoying learning from various crafting blogs, from fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, and the inspirations I find in magazines.

My family is growing so fast; I know I'll be glad I spent a little time recording their childhood.  And the less I worry over perfect placement and design elements, the more memories I can record for my kids.
That's why I've found Stampin' Up! has actually saved me time and money when it comes to streamlining the creative process.  I can grab a piece of DSP, pick out one or two co-ordinating sheets of cardstock, and get straight to it.


(the rubons here came from my non-SU! stash)

So what are you waiting for? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they look great. I'm not a huge fan of lots of embellishments as, like you said, the photo and the story is what it's all about.

Great job.

Rebecca O'Gorman said...

I love them, the explore and play page is my favourite!!! Awesome.

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...