Sunday 17 July 2011

An Old Fave

I was fortunate enough to be invited to hold a workshop in Cherie's home yesterday, which was heaps of fun! Can you believe that one of her guests, Vanessa, used to work with me at Target when we were both fifteen doing Thursday nights and Saturday mornings? Brisbane has 2 degrees of separation.

I wanted to use a versatile stamp set which is an old fave but hasn't seen much love recently, so I picked Circle Circus.

This is the card we made, using Sahara Sand, Regal Rose, Rose Red, and Tempting Turquoise. I love that the circles coordinate with our punches and you can add interest without bulk by lifting some of them with Dimensionals.
The happy birthday is from Party This Way.

Here's the same card, with different colours: Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, and Tempting Turquoise.

Finally, here is a 8 x 8 scrapbook page I made using the same stamp set. Can you see that I stamped the bubbles in Versamark, then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder? The letters were cut out with the Big Shot and the adhesive sheets to make them easy to apply like stickers! I'll have to post more about the adhesive sheets another time.

Right now I have to tidy up for my Downline Day today!

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...