Monday, 27 May 2013

Convention Swaps part 1



One of the most enjoyable things about Convention - or any gathering of stampers, really, is swapping. You make as many cards or card fronts, as you like, then you swap them with other Demonstrators.  It's a fun ice breaker, a way to meet people from all over Australia and New Zealand, and a brilliant way to get different samples and ideas and inspiration.  You are also supposed to print out a little project recipe which lets others know how you made the card.  Did you know in MDS you can get a list of everything you've used at the click of a button?  I love that.

I made three different swaps in MDS this year - I printed them at home, and assembled them the night before Convention started.  Nothing like leaving things to the last minute, is there?


My first card uses the new (to us) core colour Bermuda Bay - I don't own any of it yet, but because it was an in-colour in the US a few years ago, it is on MDS.  Cool!  I made the card a hybrid, by printing it as a card front and adhering it to a Sahara Sand card base, with a little Daffodil Delight ribbon.  The scallop circle was punched out and adhered with some Dimensionals.  It may be difficult to tell from the photo, but I had a bit of a subtle, collaged look going on which looked better in real life.  Here's the project recipe (which I also made in MDS, of course!):


 I'll share my other two swaps over the next two days.

Don't forget about my monthly class this week (Thursday for the day time; Friday evening).  I'd love to see you there!







No comments: