Monday 21 July 2014

Product of the Week - Hexagon Hive

I'll admit I'm a little bit obsessed with hexagons recently.  When I was designing a project for our recent Launch, I couldn't get the idea for this simple, one-layer card out of my head:

To make it, I cut out a stencil with the Hexagon Hive framelit and some scrap card stock, then sponged ink in the hexagon spaces using a sponge dauber.  It was a little time consuming, but I found it quite therapeutic and I was watching a movie while I was going.  I wanted an ombre look, so I graduated colours from Lost Lagoon to Smoky Slate.  Some of the hexagons I outlined with my Basic Black Stampin' Marker too.  

The Happy Birthday was stamped in Strawberry Slush ink and cut out with the cute Word Bubbles frame lit, and popped up on Dimensionals.  It wasn't until after I had prepped this card for the Launch and showed it to Steph (my Stampin' Sista) that  realised that there was nothing new (apart from the colour Lost Lagoon) on the card!  I hadn't realised that the Remembering Your Birthday set was in last year's catalogue too.  Hey, it was new to me!  LOL.  As we try to make our projects for Launch using new products, I ended up doing the stars/hearts stencil card instead which borrowed the same layout and colours.  

I still really like the simplicity of this card.  And now I have a few on hand !

Here's what I used to make this card - as usual, you can purchase them from my online store:
I'll post another project using hexagons tomorrow.



post signature

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...