Monday 20 October 2008

Finally some cards and things

Today is a pupil-free day, so a long weekend for the kids, hooray!   I did manage to carve out some crafting time yesterday (11:00pm) so I could finish my sister Bridget's box of gift cards she commissioned me to make.  In case you are reading this Bid - hope you like them!
Here is the box (apologies for the dreadful photo taken at 11:00pm):


And the gift cards to go inside.  The brief was black. white and silver.  Simple but elegant.  I used the Baroque Motifs stamp set and it worked very well with such a pared-down colour scheme.


Then I made a few cards for kids as there are a few birthdays in our family at this time of year:
With the "Ahoy, Matey" stamp set:

 Now a girly one made with "One of a Kind" - I added some bling with heat 'n stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.   I had pictured this card completely differently before I made it, but this is how it ended up!  

Finally, my eldest son was invited to a classmate's birthday party, so I made the wrapping paper and matching gift card.  The invitation had a rocket ship on it, so I went with the space theme with the only rocket stamp I have, a cute clear acrylic stamp that I got in the cheapie bin at my local scrap shop.  I can't recall the manufacturer, but when I do I'll edit and post.  Hmmm, I've said that before, haven't I?



I love making wrapping paper to go with the cards I've made!  So easy and looks great (well, I think so anyway!).  I have a big roll of butcher's paper from IKEA that I use and I also found a big roll of white paper from that chain craft shop Riot.   I never have to buy wrapping paper (or cards) again!


No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...