Sunday 26 October 2008

Mum's cards (so far) as promised....

See? Promised I'd show you what I have been up to lately. Mum requested some notecards without sentiments and chose a lovely Stamp-It Australia small background stamp, called "Florentine - Yvette." With such a detailed image, fine embossing powder is essential. And because the cards are designed to be generic I stuck to keeping them simple. Also makes them easier to mass-produce. All cardstock is Stampin' Up!


Close up to show the detail:


Here are the first few Christmas cards Mum commissioned - again, the cardstock is SU! but the stamp is Stamp-It Australia. I had originally thought I'd emboss the lovely image, but it looked terrible, as you lost the details. Then I tried using my SU dye inks on glossy white paper, and I quite liked the result. I've done a dozen so far, some with paper pierced lines, some with gold brads, all with gold ribbon. Hope Mum likes them!




I dunno. Now that I'm seeing the photos of them, I'm not sure about these cards. Are they a little......blah? I'm open to suggestion/constructive criticism. Hit me with your thoughts!

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...