Tuesday 7 October 2008

Some wedding cards



This past weekend, a former work colleague of mine, was married - and it reminded me of my own wedding nine years ago on the first Saturday in October. Beautiful weather, a gorgeous dress and a wonderful day. My Mother in law also needed a wedding card, so I decided to duplicate my card in a different colour. I'm quite pleased with the result. The vellum reminded me of a wedding veil.

I first stamped the background stamp (En Francais by Stampin' Up!) on the Lavender card with Lavender ink and sponged around the edges, then heat-embossed the vellum layer in white with the swirl from the Baroque Motifs stamp set (also SU!) and attached it with adhesive and brads. A bit of celery ribbon to match the celery base card, and the sentiment and it was done. The apricot card was done the same way, but obviously used different colours - Blush Blossom card stock stamped with Apricot ink this time. I really love that colour combination! The beauty of these cards is that they were actually really simple and quick to make. Deciding which colours to use took longer than the time it took to make them!

I rarely get to make wedding cards, so I enjoyed the change from birthday and Christmas cards!

Thanks for looking.





No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...