Sunday 27 February 2011

Using my stash part 2

I have a basket full of unused make 'n take packets from workshops, launches and classes. I tend to make a couple of extra so if someone unexpectedly turns up, they won't miss out...but then if someone cancels at the last minute, I have leftovers. They sit in that basket, mocking me. Not any more! I have dedicated my spare time this weekend to making something with them so they are not wasted. Apart from needing to top up my own card box I like to give some to my lovely mother in law for her birthday so she has a decent supply. So here are my first examples ( more to come):

The first photo shows what the cards were originally supposed to look like ( part of a class I did for Mothers Day I think last year), the second photo shows how I used the same elements with different punches and stamps. What do you think?
The last photo doesn't have a "before" photo; I believe it was originally a Christmas card two years ago- it uses Soft Sky cardstock which retired quite a while ago!

No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...