Friday 13 May 2011

Convention Day 1, Part 2

Finally it was time to make our way through the Melbourne rain to the Convention & Exhibition Centre. I met up with my dear friend Zarna Gould, a Demonstrator from Parkes in NSW.

If you've never been to a Stampin' Up! Convention, let me tell you what goes on. First of all, there are swaps. Swaps are sample cards, which Demonstrators exchange with each other so we can get inspiration and ideas from each other. It is a lovely tradition which truly encapsulates the Stampin' Up! Statement of the heart: "to love what we do and share what we love as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments. In this we make a difference."

It is a fun way to break the ice and meet people from all over Australia and New Zealand, too!

I will post photos of some of the gorgeous swaps I received soon.

Swaps go on throughout the day, but mostly in the mor I g of the first day, while people line up to register and collect their fabulous Convention Bag. Convention Bags are always lovely, and they contain NEW stamps!!!! I can't show the stamps to you just yet, but I can show you the funky bag.

The next highlight of the first day is always Momento Mall, which is where Demonstrators can buy lots of cool stuff. Here I am with my friend Nikki Stalker, a Demo from NSW. See the cute bags she's holding?

More photos soon!

1 comment:

Zarna said...

Yay for making online friends real life friends!!

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...