Sunday 21 October 2012

Personalised Christmas Decorations

OK, I know I'm obsessed with Christmas at the moment, but I have only got about 6 short weeks left with the children at school, so if I don't get organised for Christmas soon, it won't be happening at all.  Who's with me?

I was browsing the US Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Magazine the other day, and I came across The most fabulous decorations made by a clever Demo named Krista Jensen   .  She used the Labels Framelits to make the most beautiful photo frame Christmas Ornaments with sepia photographs of her gorgeous boys.  The sepia worked really well with Champagne Glitter Paper, and I immediately had to try it myself.  

I changed it up, however, by using the Window Frames Dies and of course, photos of my own sweet kids printed at home.  I have a Mac, and in iPhoto it is easy to edit the photo to sepia.  I added name labels (made by stamping each child's name using the Simply Serif Mini Alphabet stamps) and a star punched out with the Merry Mini's punch set.  Then I threaded some linen thread through and I was done!



I love how they turned out!  Wouldn't they make a perfect gift for grandparents?  


No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...