Monday 1 October 2012

Betsy's Birthday

I was fortunate to have my lovely cousin (and Downline) Maree over last weekend to spend some time catching up, and creating together.  Maree is a Demonstrator in Dalby, so if you live that way, please look her up!  She is enormously talented, and fun, and she'd be happy to help you with all your scrapbooking and stamping needs.

Aside from the plug, LOL, Maree and I  borrowed each others stamps and had a great time creating samples and perfecting watercolouring techniques.

Here's a card I made with Maree's stamps, from Betsy's Blossoms (can't believe I haven't got this yet!):

Stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms, Wacky Wishes (NEW Hostess)
Inks:  Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Other:  Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Framelit

I promptly gave away the card because my daughter had a birthday party to attend today!  Note the envelope I stamped peeking behind the card?

Of course, I also had to make a matching gift tag once I'd wrapped the gift (in recycled brown paper, naturally, stamped with my new favourite Jumbo Wheels):


Stamps:  Allhambra Jumbo Wheel, Wacky Wishes
Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Primrose Petals
Other:  Bigshot, Labels Collection Framelits
As you can see, I'm rather addicted to the new Framelits.  They make creating a pretty gift tag so easy and quick.

I tell my husband I'm saving soooo much money by never having to buy tags, cards or wrapping paper any more.  All the money is going towards my stamp collection instead!


No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...