Monday 22 October 2012

A Cautionary Shimmer Paint Tale

Last week one of my gorgeous customers had a party, and I was busy designing a card for the make and take, and some samples.  I was playing with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and.....dropped the bottle all over my desk, the projects, and the floor of my craft lair!

If you've ever seen out Shimmer mist, you'll know that it comes in a small bottle, and a little goes a long way. Lucky for me, because although at least 3/4 of the bottle was wasted, I still had enough for 6 party guests to make their project!  And even though I cleaned it up off my floor as soon as possible, you can still see some twinkle when the light is right.  Festive!

The moral of the story?  Tightly screw the lid of the shimmer paint before lifting it.

So you'll understand why this card has a smudge on the right - that's where a glob of Shimmer Paint landed!

The first card is a simple one layer card.  I showed this because I think this would be easy to mass produce and because it is one layer, easy to mail.  You could make say, 30 of these in one night if you wanted to.

Stamps:  Rejoicing With You (p. 21 Catalogue)
Ink:  Crump Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (p158 catalogue)
Paper:  Naturals White (page 160 catalogue)
Other:  Dauber

And this is the slightly stepped up version that we made as the Make & Take at the party:  

Stamps:  Rejoicing with You, Music Notes Wheel
Paper:  Naturals White, Whisper White
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
Other:  Big Shot:  31/2" Circle Originals Bigz die, Big Shot, Dauber, Sponge

I think you could probably make 20 of these in one night.

 Where is the Shimmer Paint, you ask?  Well, I inked up the angel stamp in Crumb Cake ink, then applied a little Shimmer paint with a dauber over the top, before stamping.  The result is very pretty and sparkly, which you may not be able to see well from the photographs.  

I love the simple graphic image of this stamp set, I think it will become my "go to" Christmas set this year!

Here are two more samples, the first a simple one you could mass produce easilly in one night, the second one is "stepped up" and you'd only make a few of these for very special people.

Stamps:  as before
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Naturals White, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler


Stamps, Ink, & Paper:  as before
Other:  Cherry Cobbler tulle ribbon (from Holiday Mini), Cherry Cobbler  Baker's Twine, and brass button from Holiday Mini.


No comments:

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...