Sunday 7 April 2013

Hail to the King, Baby.

Name that movie!  (answer at the end of the post*) 

I've been paying with the "You Rule" Stamp set (page 8 of the Seasonal Mini; 129261 wood $37.95 or 129264 in clear $29.95).

It makes awesome birthday cards, for anyone.  I love that the new large rhinestones (129324 $8.95, page 8 of the Mini) fit this stamp beautifully.  Here are three different samples I've come up with.

I messed up the watermark on this photo!  But I embossed the crown with  platinum  embossing powder, then cut it out with my paper snips.  I punched out a circle with the 2.5" circle punch, which I ran through the chevron embossing folder.

This one has a pennant made with the pennant punch, as well as the Happy birthday from Bring On the Cake. 

This one uses the Itty Bitty Banner framelits for the little flags.

*Of course, if you are a tragic fan of the Evil Dead movies from the nineties like me, you'll know Bruce Campbell says that line at the end of Army of Darkness.


You can find out more about the movie at IMDB here.  If you search YouTube for "Hail to the King, Baby" you'll find the scene - which is awesome, but be warned if you are watching with little ones around, it has zombies and violence.  


2 comments:

Beryl said...

Yea Bruce Campbell! Your masculine cards are fabulous, as usual.

Louise said...

Thanks Beryl! Glad to see another Bruce Campbell fan! Thanks for your kind comment. :-)

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...