Saturday 15 May 2010

Mother's Day part 2

And here is the other card. Pretty much the same but with certainly
celery - why am I only now enjoying these colour combinations?

I think this stamp set lends itself beautifully to collage.  The picture quality from my iPhone isn't fabulous, but you can see that I wheeled the Vanilla piece in Barely Banana ink first (Very Vintage wheel), then stamped the large flower in Lavender Lace in the corner, and stamped the small flowers in Barely Banana (and stamped extra flowers on scrap and cut them out), and finally the vine image in certainly celery.  I roughed the edges of each layer with the edge distressing tool and put a clear diamond brad in the cut out flower for some bling factor.  The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate chip ink, and the ribbon is chocolate chip taffeta.

1 comment:

Mae Collins said...

Hi Lou, love your work. Just letting you know that I have awarded you a "Beautiful Blogger Award" so please pop over to my blog to pick it up. Take care and happy stamping from Mae.

Getting closer....

It's nearly that time of year, where the retirement list comes out.  That means the in-colours we've loved the past 2 years are leav...